How To Articles
The page various articles that might help you set up and use T.S.O.P. software effectively. If you find your issue interesting for other users please log-in and use account messages to let us know.
Do I need separate user accounts for www and shop?
No, you only need a single account both for the informative part of T.S.O.P. website (domain name: www.tsop.pl) and the T.S.O.P. online shop (domain name: shop.tsop.pl)? You can read about how to create, use and delete your account in the "T.S.O.P. Terms and Conditions" document, which you can find in pages' footer.
Where are my serial numbers and purchased files?
All the items you ever purchased via the T.S.O.P. Online Shop are always available on your account. All your activity is stored as separate facts on a timeline. Please log in using the credential you entered during registration and click "My Timeline" to view the lists of purchased products, completed orders, payments and internal messages. Find your product and display details. To activate TSOP KONTAKT Sound Library use KONTAKT PLAYER License Serial Number in the following format XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
Where are my invoices?
All your orders and invoices are available on your account. Please log in using the credentials your provided during registration and locate your order. You can view e-invoice contents online or download it as PDF.
How to install a library on my computer?
Installation procedure is the same for all KONTAKT libraries, and you can read instructions in KONTAKT or KONTAKT Player documentation. First, you have to unpack downloaded .ZIP package to the folder you want. Next, click 'Add Library' button in the library browser and pick this folder. If the contents is correct, new library should appear on the list, and you will be asked to activate it using the serial number you've purchased.
The instrument does not work on my computer. What to do?
Please, follow the steps below if your instrument stops suddenly, reports errors or does not work at all.
1. Have you updated your KONTAKT environment? You will be asked to update while adding new library. It is absolutely necessary as our instruments rely on features which are unavailable in previous versions.
2. Have you activated the library correctly? Our software is protected against unauthorized use and require activation via the Native Instrument Service Center. You can do it by clicking 'Activate' in library browser and entering the serial number you purchased.
3. Does your computer match KONTAKT system requirements? If not, you won't probably get best performance, or some features that mostly depends on system configuration may not work properly, including loading and saving to HDD.
4. You can also read another how-to: "I get discontinuous sound coming from my computer. How to fix it?". We described some sound performance fixes there, which might also help to get the best of your system.
I get discontinuous sound coming from my computer. How to fix it?
If the sound from you computer is discontinuous or suddenly fades for a moment, please follow the steps below to check your system and find an error source.
1. Close other applications running in parallel to free system resources. Please note that operating systems allocate processor time quantums for background processes too. In some cases, there might be no CPU quantum to allocate to your instrument's process, resulting in the symptoms.
2. Change the current powering scheme. If your computer runs on batteries or you manually set an energy saving mode, your system will probably slow down a processor to minimize power consumption. It may generate the problems, so recheck your settings to allow more power to your CPU.
3. Is your anti-virus software scanning your system at the moment? This kind of operation usually requires low level access to your system that might block user mode application requests. You can pause the scanning or wait for completing the job.
4. Verify memory buffer size of you soundcard. Your system uses buffering to ensure continuous stream of sound data at the expense of latency. Simply, it can empty too quickly if it is too small. You can usually set buffer size manually to get a compromise between multi-task performance and real-time responsiveness. Try to enlarge the buffer slightly, if the sound is discontinuous.
5. Check file system defregmentation level, and defragment your HDD if necessary. Remember to defragment your disks regularly for best performance.
6. Check CPU load generated by a currently running instrument. We intentionally optimize our software to give you the best sound quality possible, what we can only do at the expense of higher CPU load. Some factory presets might be a real challenge to your system due to their multi-layered structure, and you can see the KONTAKT's CPU load indicator going red. Your system has run out of resources, but you still squeeze a little bit as described in last chapters of user's manual and also in KONTAKT's documentation.
How to minimize latency?
In particular configuration, you might hear an easily noticable delay between key press and sound start while playing your MIDI keyboard. The delay is usually caused by low quality soundcards or wrong setting of sound buffer size. The system has to fill the buffer with sound data before sending it to DA convertion, which may take a noticable number of milliseconds. To minimize the delay, try to set a smaller size of the buffer. You can also read another how-to: 'I get discontinuous sound coming from my computer. How to fix it?'.
What computer configuration to buy?
Computer configuration depends mostly on intended use of virtual instruments.
If you build your studio and you plan to use KONTAKT libraries intensively, you should go for the best hardware and software you can afford. Some modern libraries are very complex and put a heavy load on you system.
If you plan to play a single B-11X live, an average performance hardware will be sufficient to run the instrument. However, you should pick a good quality sound interface to get low latency and professional quality of the signal sent to PA systems.
If you plan to add B-11X to your synth arsenal, meeting minimum system requirements might be sufficient to enjoy all features, play factory presets, or create new ones.